BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Dec 4, 2010

Remember Me??


Whoa.......


Is anyone still out there??


Hello?


People??


Okay well just in case anyone still checks to see if I have added anything new.....


HERE I AM!!!!!


I think about writing just about everyday...then a funny thing happens....LIFE!! It's funny how the days just seem to dwindle and disappear. Seems like yesterday I brought my baby girl home from the hospital and entered into the never-ending...feeding...diapering...crying world. Here we are almost 14 months later and she's walking (okay..running crazily...resembling a drunko sometimes)...talking...and wearing me out!!! I blinked and here I am. There's barely anytime to breathe, let alone sit down and write blog..........but the time has come....I am going to make time. This will be my therapeutic stress reliever......maybe I won't resemble a frayed..tightly stretched rubber band in the near future.....maybe....hopefully??



Nah.......but we'll do it anyway =)......I wouldn't be me without stress...come on, you know that's true.


I can't believe the holiday season is here...seems like I was swimming and bar-b-queuing just last week. Actually we probably were, the weather has been extremely crazy and warm. I think that maybe why I don't quite feel in the "Christmas spirit". I have the gargantuan tree up, the awesome man has put up the twinkly lights on the house....but I feel like something is missing. Does anyone else seem to feel that way too? Black Friday came and went and I really had no desire to go hang out amongst the crazies...usually it's what I look forward to the most!! Sadly....I went one place and bought one thing...yay me.


Lily still has zero idea what is going on. She is, however, enthralled with the monster tree with it's sparkly bright lights and the glittery little toys hanging from the branches........need I say more? Due to this, the decorations are sparse along the bottom =). I have already bought her presents.....regretfully I neglected to include Daddy in my purchases....oopsie. A slight (okay huge) oversight that will not happen in the future =) Sorry dear. We only got her a couple things...let's face it...she'd rather play with the wrapping and bows and things anyway.....right? We should take advantage while we can =)....besides...our house has pretty much reached capacity on storage and if I relocate one more thing to Joe's garage, he's going to go postal =) Not that I can blame him...Miss Lily's things pretty much eat up ALL the space in the house itself...I can clean up and the house can be spotless, then tornado Bug strikes........ARGHHHHH.....but I love her, how could you not? Add to that 2 dogs..(one's a 65 lb jerk, and the other is an 18 lb vacuum) and 2 stressed out adults and we got ourselves a full house =)...can't you feel the love? It's nice and cozy =).


Speaking of holiday spirit...maybe I should write a letter to Santa.


Dear Santa,


I know I haven't written in a while, so please don't think me rude. Up until now, I had decided that you had so much to do that I wouldn't be a bother. I know I have had my ups and downs with the whole naughty/nice thing, and to be quite honest...who decides what's naughty anyways?? There are so many shades of gray in that area, so why don't we just skip that little detail?? Hmm?? We can agree to disagree. As I'm sure you know (since you see everything), that I now have a sweet (depending on the day) baby of my own. She's everything I was ever scared of, I mean wanted. I do love her dearly. On a daily basis I give that little miracle every thing I have. Therefore this year, I decided it was time I sent a request for me. The things I want are simple and I kept that way because I know you are such a busy man.

First on my list...is a nice hot bubble bath with some wine and candles. I know it sounds simple, right? Did I mention I would like to have this without dog noses sniffing at the door or little hands knocking and crying outside the door? It's not a high ticket item, so I hope it's not a problem.


Secondly.....a day of pampering for me. This would include a cut, color and hi-lights for my hair, eyebrows waxed and nails done. Seeing that most days I'm lucky to get a shower and comb my hair, I would be forever grateful to feel like a woman again and not a nanny/maid. My nails currently have been gnawed like wood being gnawed by a termite due to stress. It would be nice to see pretty hands in lieu of a mangled looking mess.


And lastly....but most importantly....I know you are a very powerful figure and probably have an "in" with a few others. The next item on my list is sort of a favor. For the past year sleep deprivation has been a killer. I play russian roulette every time my head hits the pillow. I never know how long or how much sleep I am going to get. This is all due to the 32" munchkin that sleeps in the adjoining room. What I am afraid of is that our friend, Mr. Sandman, is accidently forgetting to pay her a visit. Maybe some how she's been left off his list. Since I'm sure you are all really good friends, I am sooooo hoping that maybe you could pass along her information and have him to make sure that in the future she will be on his list. It's not a huge request but the most important one for me this year. I would be forever in your debt and bake you as many darn cookies as you can eat.


Thank you so much for taking the time to review my letter. I hope that I find these things in my stocking this year....Merry Christmas.


Love,

Chris (an exhausted, raggly Mom)


Do you think he'll answer??

0 comments: