BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Jun 7, 2010

I'm a slacker....

Yes people...

I am very much a slacker.

But hey, at least I'm honest about it.

Time just seems to be zipppppppping by lately. It seems like just yesterday I was waddling around with my Sasquatch sized, much inflated feet and ankles - just wishing I could stand for longer than 5 minutes before my legs felt like they'd fall off. Now here I am wishing I could get off my feet for more than 5 minutes a clip, because I'm constantly move, move, move. I know, never happy. Typical woman,right???

I can't believe it's been 8 months since my beautiful baby came into this world. Time flies and you wonder how the heck you made it this far. What a journey, and to know that it really, truly is just beginning just leaves me in awe. Watching her grow and discover new things everyday is miracle. Seeing the smile on her face or hearing that giggle-box laugh is enough to make your heart swell and explode out of your chest. I know - motherhood has turned me into a sappy mooshy mess.Sickening isn't it? Never thought you'd see the day.......

Have no fear - I still have some sarcasm and spunk left.....trust me.

It's official...

Our house has finally been taken over and threatening to swallow us whole. Okay, not the house, but the endless piles of out grown clothes, baby toys, and countless apparatuses that now occupy every single solitary open space we possess. Slowly but surely, this girl is taking over everything. It's amazing the crap you have to have to occupy a little creature who has ZERO idea what she's doing half the time anyways. It's like a work out gym for midgets in my house. You think I'm kidding??

First you must understand that we live in an adorable little house. Little being the key word. So to start - we have this fabulous little invention called an "Activity Jumper". While it has saved us countless times by allowing us to place little Bugger (Lily) in a spot long enough to accomplish a few things here and there without worrying, it is by far the BIGGEST space taker upper we possess. It is about 2 1/2 ft square, about 3 1/2 ft tall and does NOT fold. Nope not even a little. So everyday it gets brought out of the princess's room, put in the living room which in turn causes the coffee table to be pushed to the far side of the room. Getting it in and out her room is a fabulous challenge. It's too wide for the doorway. So it must be tilted and finagled in and out. It slams into the doors, walls...ugh. Daddy prefers to leave it out but I can NOT stand tripping over the darn thing. So I was insistent that it be put away. A small source of discontent with us =).

We also have a cutesy little pink walker in the living room. Lucky for us it does fold down. It's home has been in between out wall and love seat. Up until this weekend, if Bugger was in it - she could only move in a 4 foot straight line backward and forward. Poor Bugger. It really didn't do her a whole lot of good. On the love seat itself we have storing a sleeping bag and soft blanket.

Seem strange?

Well we have hard wood floors through out, and in order to give little one some floor time - we had to put this stuff down to avoid massive head trauma when she fell =) Why not avoid brain damage if possible, I always say.

Our living room is also the home of the fabulous bouncer. Since the day she was born this has been the most wonderful apparatus in the world.She used to nap in it, she used to play in it....now we use it now and then when we need her to be secured to one position for a short period of time. She also likes it in the mornings when her and Daddy have their weekend morning coffee times while Mommy sleeps in. THANK YOU DADDY =)....Daddy drinks coffee and buggers sits next to him. This apparatus does not fold up either. Bummer. Last but not least is the fabulous Bumbo seat. Lily has been sitting in this since she was a couple months old. It's a little foam seat with a tray. We use it everywhere: outside on the porch, in the kitchen while I do cooking or cleaning, in the living room. We have a highchair, but it was ANOTHER apparatus we were tripping over. So we decided for the time being that as long as she fit in the Bumbo....THAT is what we will use to feed her. So the highchair is temporarily hanging out in her room. The Bumbo is shortly going to be too small since Bugger inherited her Mom's fabulous thighs.....poor baby.

When she was smaller the only toys she "played" with were her rattles......that didn't last. We went from having a few rattle to having a couple baskets of attention holders. One of those is now located in our living room......

Have a mentioned the dimensions of our living room?

Ready???

16X12....

Did I also mention that we have/had a couch, love seat, entertainment center, end table, AND a 35 Gallon fish tank and stand?????

C-R-O-W-D-E-D

Sometimes it's enough to make us feel claustrophobic.....

This past weekend I couldn't take it anymore....I got rid of our love seat. Now all of her neglectaroo apparatuses are neatly stored along the wall and we can breathe some =)

We are very lucky to have what we do and I am grateful, but with 2 dogs and 2 kids.....oops I mean one kid and Daddy....sometimes it's enough to drive you to the loony bin =)

0 comments: