BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Feb 13, 2010

Ha ha ha.....

So it's that time of year again.

The time of year when every male version of our species makes a mad dash for whatever florist they can get in the door of!!! Well at least they do..... if they know what's good for them.

Any one that was reading my blog this time last year, will remember the post about Valentine's Day. If you a re new comer, I HIGHLY recommend reading it =) It's quite entertaining.

I am working today...okay well I showed up to WORK this morning...however there hasn't been much to do. Let me give you the lay-out of where my store is. We share a parking lot with....

WAIT for it.....

My FABULOUS entertainment for the day.....

Ready.....

Walter Knoll Florist!!!!

Oh yeah....I am watching every Joe(not you dear), Bob, and Larry (get tired of good old Tom, Dick, and Harry but I'm sure they're over there too.)..that waited until the last minute to order flowers or pick up flowers. it is UNBELIEVABLE! Our parking lot has approximately 10 or so parking spots. Not very many. So needless to say it's causing gridlock out there. I can see an endless parade of green, red and sometimes pink.

Cha ching....Cha ching....Cha ching

I can only imagine the money being made over there. Wish I was making it here. The only thing I'm getting today is lots of exercise. You see, as an employee, we are required to meet our customers at the door. The parking lot is in front, so when they pull up - we get up and walk to the door. Today has been a whole lot of round trips to the door and back to the desk. It's kind of like a joke on us.

We see them pull up.

We get out of our chairs.

We walk to the door.

SIKE!!!!

We turn around and walk back.

If nothing else, I can thank all those guys for a semi serious workout. I'll probably walk ten miles today =) Good thing I bought these Sketcher Shape- Ups. Guess there's a silver lining in just about everything, huh?

The really surprising thing to me is that a lot of these "last minute" V-Day shoppers are....

WOMEN!!!

In all my years, buying flowers for a guy just seemed silly? At least any of the guys I've been with. I never heard:

"Aww man....I can't believe you didn't buy me flowers."

Most of them are thinking - "THANK GOD they didn't buy me flowers." I think flowers are mainly a girl thing. I could be wrong, PLEASE tell me if I am. Maybe I'm just a weird kind of girl. While I think flowers beautiful, and I am sooo thankful when they are given to me, I just don't get depressed or feel like he doesn't love me because I didn't get any. It just seems silly to think that way. How can flowers measure how someone feels about you?? Well, I won't get into all that. My post last year pretty much covered that.

Tonight we are sending little Lily-bugs to Nana's house. I get off work at 7 so Daddy is taking her up before I get off. I swear I suffer from separation anxiety. BIG TIME. I have some sort of irrational fear that something bad is going to happen and I won't be there. My Mom is awesome and I know she is very capable of taking care of Lily, but it's just a fear. Maybe all Mom's have it?? Last time, I spent the evening worrying about her and didn't get the enjoyment out of it that I could have. I just love my Bug and I miss her lots when she's gone. But I think maybe a Mommy and Daddy only night might be good for us. Besides, it's less than 24 hours right??? I'll still be a basket case on the inside. TRUST ME. That little girl is gold to me.

Well I hope all of you enjoy your V-Day. Love as much as you can.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Enjoy some much needed Adult time with Papa Joe. You deserve it. Lilybug will be just fine. Happy Valentine's Day. I love you guys! xoxo