BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Feb 23, 2010

I feel like doogy doo....

Ugh......

I am feeling like doggy doo. I am exhausted. My throat feels like some lit a blazing, scorching fire inside and no matter what I do, I can't put it out. I have a waterfall of snot flowing down the back of my throat similar to good ol' Niagara Falls.

Gross?

Yes, but true.

It all started a week or so ago, to this very day......

My sweet little angelic baby girl developed a little cough. Later in the day, she had a slight runny nose. So erring on the side of caution....I made her a visit with her new pediatrician (whom I really love). Since Mommy had to work and bring home the bacon, Daddy was left with the task of taking Bug to the appointment. Like a good Daddy he got her ready and took her.....

(please don't ask me what the poor kid was wearing....you don't want to know.... Okay yeah, you do.....she wore a onesie and a snow suit. Rookie dads=) he's a fabulous Daddy, he really, truly is)

Off to the doc they went. Only to find out that poor bug had a cold and slight case of pink eye. Poor baby. As the day went on she got a little worse. Cough worse.....THEN the nose started to run....

The next morning Mommy had to do it. It was inevitable. It had to be done.

Mommy broke out the BBB. Mommy speak for the Big Bad Boogy sucker. Lilybug is NOT a fan of the blue tool. Not at all, PERIOD. It took Daddy to hold her arms and Mommy to suck out the snot so that the poor girl could breathe. On top of the BBB, we also had the added pleasure of further torturing her with the eye drops prescribed, twice a day. Daddy got to put these gems into her big blue eyes. I had to hold her arms this time. I felt like we were torturing her. Our only intent was to make her feel better. She didn't understand this. I know she just thought we were the worst people in the world. I know she will never remember, but I will.

As the week went on, Friday came. After a 3 days of drops, boogy sucking, and rest, the coughing got some what worse. So being the paranoid Mommy I am, I called and took her back to the doctor. Good thing I did. Now my precious baby had BOTH ears infected and a case of RSV - Respiratory syncytial virus . Here's a quick definition:

"It often starts out with cold symptoms. In fact, for many babies and young children, the virus is no more troublesome than a cold.For a few, though, mild cold symptoms (such as a runny nose, a minor cough, and a low fever) develop into a more pronounced cough, labored breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Your baby may also be irritable and restless and have a poor appetite.

It's important to call the doctor if you think your baby may have RSV, because the virus is the most common cause of two lung disorders in babies, bronchiolitis (which swells the small airways and fills them with mucus, blocking airflow) and pneumonia (an infection and inflammation of the lungs). Either of these conditions can be dangerous — even deadly — for babies, particularly those younger than 6 months.

RSV can also lead to ear infections."

Yeah, I copied that =)

So NOW....along with the eye drops and the BBB...we then got to give her antibiotic twice a day. So our mornings and evenings started and ended the exact same way. Baby girl screaming. Mommy and Daddy holding her down force feeding her pink bubble gum flavored medicine (at this age she doesn't give a darn what it tastes like) and dropping eye drops in her baby blues. Fun Fun.....But she's getting much better.

Too bad Mommy and Daddy aren't. I guess it's bound to happen when you're being sneezed on and coughed on. You're bound to be bitten by the same sicky bug as baby girl. Mommy has a sore throat and ....wait, we already covered that. That's exhaustion talking. To understand why the exhaustion is so bad today, we have to talk about poor Daddy.

That wonderful man caught Lilybug germs worse than poor Mommy did. His throat is soooo sore he has a hard time swallowing. He's blowing his nose a million, bazillion times a day. No matter how many times he blows, his nose is locked up tight like Fort Knox. Poor guy. We have both taken lots and lots of medication. Sudefed, Tylenol Cold and Sinus, Nyquil, Dayquil.....you name it..we took it. Helped me some. I can breathe, that's a alot to be said. Poor sweet, lovable Daddy is not fairing so well.

Last night was the worst.

He snored his ass off. I'm thinking some where along the line this is payback for for my snoring back when I was pregnant. It has to be, it's like some cruel joke. I dozed off to slumber-land about 10 or so. Joe must have dozed off some time after that. Lily decided to lose her pacifier and wake us up at 11:45 pm or so. THAT'S when it started.....

We got her back to sleep and we laid ourselves back in warmth of our pillows and blankets. Ahhhh....sleep. About 10 or 15 minutes later I heard the most frightful, loud noise. It wasn't coming from outside. It wasn't the dogs. It wasn't coming from anywhere else but next to me. Joe was snoring his butt off. I heard things rattle on the walls...I saw paint chip from the ceiling.....I laid there. I closed my eyes and tried desperately to block out the barrage of noise filtering through my ears, to no avail. I pulled my pillow up around my ears, no help. I tapped him on the shoulder - "Honey. PLEASE rollover." He rolled. I sighed in relief. I closed my eyes and tried once again to drift into that land of sweet dreams.....then it started again. Ugh. I grabbed my pillow and trudged off to the couch. Awaiting me there was the nice warm fluffy blanket that my good friend Kelly made me (she needs to know how fabulously handy this has become =) love it!!). I tried but I couldn't get comfy there, so back to the bed I went. It was quiet....for a minute...then Lumber Jack Joe came back strong. I woke him again. This time he was sweet enough to go to the couch. It was to be our downfall......

It became a vicious circle. Seems Ms. Lily had a problem with Daddy's snoring as well. Whenever he would get going really loud, she would wake up. Then Daddy would trek to her room give her the pacifier and go to the bathroom, blow his trumpeting nose and then back to the couch. She would fall back asleep, and he would lay his head down and close those eyes......snoring then began......Lilybug woke up......this cycle happened like 4 or 5 times. We have a small house so you can hear everything in every room. That meant I was an unwilling witness to their dance of sleep deprivation. At 3:15 am, Lily woke up fully. I heard Daddy rise (yet again) from the couch and head to the kitchen to prepare the princess's bottle. I decided to help (we always do the early feeding as a team since it requires feeding 2 annoying pups as well). As I entered her room, something seemed amiss. Miss Lily was laying SIDEWAYS in her crib and (to my shock and horror) was also laying on her belly.

Okay - she rolled over!!! YAY!!! Too bad the poor kid absolutely detests being on her tummy. So I figure, it's fluke. Well, not so much. Daddy sent me a text a bit ago saying she rolled over not 1, not 2, but 3 more times. Once while being swaddled. Not really a good thing for us. I see a lot of sleepless nights in our near future. This new development means no more swaddling at nap time (bummer....MAJOR bummer) - I just received an update pertaining to this from Daddy....

Apparently it takes an hour of crying to get a free Lilybug to take a 5 minute nap. Hooray for us =(

I hope this adjustment doesn't take too terribly long to make. Daddy might not have any hair left or what he does have left - might be good and gray!!!

Poor Daddy. Poor Mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, Daddy must be a saint to get up 4-5 times in the middle of the night and let you try and sleep! What a lucky woman you are.... ;)

Kelly said...

Awh hunny.... i'm soooooo sorry to hear that things have been so crazy for you guys. But i'm glad to hear that your blankie is being put to good use. =)
This all will pass. i reccomend stocking up on vitamin C and Airborne for the next time Lilybug catches a nasty. That way at least you and Daddy have a fighting chance at avoiding it. =) And lots of handsanitizer, lol. My cousin has one in almost every room. =)
Daddy didn't do too bad his first time dressing her. At least he put her in her snowsuit. =)
Hang in there and i hope you all are feeling better real soon. (and i hope that mommy and daddy dont give it back to the baby, lol)